• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Being an Engineer for Service


    Today my second post on Americorps Alum blog went live! It's about my second year of service as a CCBA member at GRID Alternatives, be sure to check it out!  I admit I was surprised at the title, "Being an Engineer for Service" but it's definitely grabs your attention that National Service can be helpful for those of us in the hard sciences and technical fields, which is the main point. People are always surprised that I was able to have not 1 but 2 Americorps years that my engineering degree came in handy.

    Also Tomorrow 12noon to 1pm Eastern Standard time (10-11am Pacific time) I'm going to be one of the panelists for an Americorps Alum webinar.  It's on jobs and how Americorps Alum can get em! Recently, CNN Money highlighted 6 of the best new jobs in our country, and we believe our Alums possess the skills, experience, and talents to thrive in those professions. Join us on November 27, 2012 at Noon ET for our November Professional Development Webinar where we’ll feature panelists in those selected career fields to share how their AmeriCorps service helped them succeed in one of the Best New Jobs in America. 

    I'm trying my best to prepare for it and I'll be sure to let y'all know how it goes.

    If you are an Americorps Alum I encourage you to register by signing up here.

    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience