• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Where ideas are made


    I try to have "brain-storming" sessions at home but when you live in a studio there's really no place to get away from media buzz.  However when I tote my laundry down a few blocks to the laundromat, I sit there for about an hour with little to do.  Because despite the nice flat screen you see, it's hard to hear over machines and they very rarely have captions on. Plus the only thing that catches my interest during the day is "Perry Mason" and "Streets of San Francisco" which wasn't on so I didn't bug the attendant about it being off.

    When I was at Soko Gakuen or in the Green Building program at Laney, I took this time to study but as I'm not in school at the moment (thankfully). I just toted my notepad and wrote some ideas, future blog posts,  plans, and sketches. I probably wrote 5 pages and it's always nice to get some thoughts out. I love typing, my mother made me learn shortly after I started at Davidson, a super hard middle and highschool with lots of school work.  So I can touch-type and type fast and always read my notes afterwards, I didn't get great penmanship until college when I was indoctrinated with "Technical Writing". Like alot of engineers I write in all caps and it weirds some people out but you can always read what I write. 

    It's quite late now though and I really need to get to bed, I have to get up early in the morning to go over to San Francisco for a class on "Climate Based Daylighting & Analysis" at PGnE's Pacific Energy Centre.  I'll be sure to tell you all about it!

    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience