• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Vegan French Toast



    No, I haven't completely gone over to the dark side. I just like different kinds of food and challenging myself in the kitchen. I started out wanting to use the quart of milk that I need to use by Monday but then the thought of vanilla almond milk with walnuts and bread just enticed me more than cow's milk. So I'll save that for maybe some Alfredo. I sort of made the recipe as I went along, after a quick Google.

    Vegan French Toast
    Ingredients
    1. 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    2. 1/4 cup silken tofu
    3. 1tbsp sugar or equivalent (I used Equal)
    4. 2-4 slices of sandwich bread
    5. Hazelnut Agave Nectar (for topping)
    6. Walnuts (for garnish)
    Procedure
    1. With a whisk smooth tofu
    2. Add milk and sugar and whisk until smooth and a bit frothy
    3. Dip bread in milk mixture soak both sides
    4. On the stovetop heat a pan, using spray or butter to coate pan
    5. Cook on each side till brown
    6. Top with Agave Nectar and a few walnuts if desired

    I had mine with some fresh ground Peet's Italian Roast. Talk about a great breakfast for dinner.

    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience