• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Oh to be an engineer...


    instead of an engineer to be.

    The job hunt continues both here and back home. As the proud recipient of a B.S in Electrical Engineering Technology, I'm most qualified for hardware, manufacturing, utilities, and various field engineering positions. I'm eligible in every state that matters to me at the moment to take the EIT and become a Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).

    What I'd like most is to have a design engineer position but that's something that I've noticed goes to BSEE's rather than BSEET's. So while I search, I'll hold off on that dream till I have my treasured EIT certification. I'd also like working in green energy and computer/electronics as well.

    I'm really hoping for a job where I can learn a lot and work alongside engineers in a dynamic environment. I think of engineering more of an art than a science, just art with rules like physics, lol. The recession is killing me, I have a lot of the qualities that people want, good leadership and team skills, communication skills, the degree, internship experience, natural motivation, problem solving skills, and knowledge. I'm also a pretty methodical and creative person. I love CAD, CSS, OOP, and 3 phase power. I have a fondness for electromechanics. Java is my favourite programming language, and yes I have a favourite.

    But I realise that there about a million other people out there that are just like me. So I've just go to try harder.

    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience