• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    My ode to hella


    Since I've moved to Oakland there has been one word that I have heard over and over
    "hella"
    Now I know you here it back east but here everybody says it
    little old Chinese women, young black men
    Japanese teachers, and little blonde kids.
    though some youth use "hecka"
    while in earshot of adults
    hella
    She was hella mad
    That was hecka fun
    That came out of nowhere, like hella fast.

    ...gotta love it

    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience