• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    2010 Resolutions


    1. Get an engineering job, some sort of job using my degree
    2. Pass the JLPT N5 or N4.
    3. Improve my body and soul
    4. Read more



    Get an engineering job: When my year at OTX is over I would like to have a job lined up. I know that this is something I have to start working on now. I'm not sure where I want to work in the South, the Bay Area, or somewhere else. So I'm just going to look and apply to whole bunch of places. Since my degree's in Electrical engineering technology I'm looking into working for a utility or in manufacturing. Electric Distribution and Electric Machinery were my focus, aside from design (which I need a MS Eng or P.E to really use since I'm an EET) Some place where I can either do some field work with engineers who do design. Since that's my ultimate goal. Pretty much some real world engineering practice so I can work towards getting P.E in whatever state I decide to stay in for awhile.


    Pass the JLPT:
    Well in 2009 I took the JLPT and while I still don't know if I actually passed or not, this year I intend to either pass the level I may have failed or pass the next highest level. I'm going to enroll in my first ever Japanese class to improve my grammar and try to practice my reading more.

    Improve my body and soul:
    Taking a cue from 2009 I think that I did way better when I was just focusing on improving myself rather than trying to lose x-amount of pounds. My anemia and other vitamin defiencies haven't been so great the past few months so I need to eat more fruits and vegetables, and protein (which I don't really eat a lot of). It is possible to gain weight after gastric bypass, something I really proved in 2008 but the good thing is, it's a lot easier to get back on track at least in my opinion. I figure if I'm eating my daily requirement of fruits, vegetables, low fat dairy, and protein... my stomach won't have room for junkfood. Well it worked last year. Also while most of my exericing is fine, I need to do some more core exercise. everything's firming up but my gut. When I'm trying to be healthy, I feel better so that's the main goal

    Read more:
    I didn't read very much in 2009 and that's something I hope to remedy in 2010. I love reading, non-fiction and fiction. The first book on the list is some review: Basic Electronics. ^-^




    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience