• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Here come the brides




    The ceremony
     I went back to my home Georgia-Carolina to attend my sister-aunt's wedding. It was the most beautiful wedding I ever attended and I had the honour of being one of the hostesses.  FYI: If you ever get asked to be a hostess, wear really comfortable heels and pack flats, lots of running around for sure.

    The entire weekend was amazing, from the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner to bowling after at the Epicenter, I unfortunately missed, coming in late the nite before the wedding. The ceremony and reception was held at the Daniel Stowe Botanical gardens in the evening and it was lovely.  The sun began to set as my sister and her wife marched out. 46 "gave" my sister away, my younger cousins were the ring bearers, and my mother helped with the lighting of the unity candle. Candace's sisters and both their friends were bridesmaids.

    Y'know in the dozen or so weddings I've been to in my life I've never cried.  But when I saw my sister in her wedding dress, that did me in. They both looked so beautiful, each dress matched their persona so perfectly. And when she rolled up in the reception in that white tux and heels, that was just awesome.

    The reception was awesome, even if I was an easy sale: less than 24 hours home and I'm eating shrimp and grits!? Yum.  There was a mac n cheese bar which I heard went especially well topped with pulled pork.  Minnie made one of the most delicious wedding cakes I've ever had in my life. so moist!   The music was
    awesome, I danced all night long. There was #photobooth (the hashtag is appropriate it's one of those things that automatically uploads to FB and you can tag yourself) My cousin and Candace's brother did a great job as deejays.

    One thing the minister said during the ceremony really stuck with me. "Allot of people thought the world would stop turning if this were to happen" or something to that effect. Obviously it didn't.  I still don't understand why in America, the champion of freedom, we try to inhibit peoples' happiness. Real love is a hard thing to find in this world and I wish my sister and her wife nothing but the best.

    " "There is no freedom without solidarity". Today is the occasion to say: "There is no solidarity without love"."- Pope John Paul II



    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience