• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Recipe Request: Icebox Coconut Cream Pie


    This recipe was requested by my favourite Continental cousin, Charlotte. ^_^.

    I made this pie for 46 (my dear old Dad) for Father's day the last one I was home. We have a similar sweet tooth except he can take sweeter stuff than I can, though neither of us prefer the ridiculously sweet. 46 loves coconut, whipped cream, and ice cream.  This is basically the best of three worlds.

    Icebox Coconut Cream Pie

    Ingredients
    • 1 graham cracker crust
    • 1 cup coconut milk
    • 1 cup regular milk
    • 2pkg.  (3.4 oz. each) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
    • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
    • 1cup  BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, divided
    Procedure

    1. With a handmixer mix together coconut and regular milks with pudding packages
    2. In another bowl (from the freezer) whip cream
    3. Fold 3/4 cup of coconut into pudding mix
    4. Fold in whipped cream
    5. Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Then freeze for at least 30 minutes till firm.
    6. Before serving top with toasted coconut
    7. To toast coconut: Heat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut in shallow pan. Bake 7 to 10 min. or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.


    2 comments:

    Charlotte Rousseau said...

    Thanks so much, I will be making this soon!
    <3
    Charlotte

    Jasmine Dk Shepard said...

    Charlotte,

    You're quite welcome. Let me know how it turns out!

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience