• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Cappuccino Chip Cookies


    This week has been one of the most baking-filled weeks since I was at the  Ritz.  Trying to nail down some of the goodies Engineered Cupcake will offer that stay true to the precise goodness I aim for.
    This afternoon I'm meeting with the Cottage food market, samples in hand and I'm particularly proud of this cookie. For two reasons 1)everybody seems to really like it though I personally thought they were a bit too sweet and 2) they are stay soft melt in your mouth and bonus; the flecks of espresso are really appealing to the eye.  I started out with another Georgia-Cali cook, Alton Brown's recipe from Three Chips for Marsha.


    I think the cookie monster got to this before
    the camera on my mobile did!
    Cappuccino Chip Cookies
    adapted from Alton Brown "The Puffy"  Chocolate Chip Cookie

    Ingredients

    1/4 cup palm shortening
    2/3 cup butter
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 cup brown sugar
    2 1/4 cups cake flour (Used SoftasSilk)
    1 teaspoon iodised salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoons vanilla paste
    1 3/4 cups cappuccino chips
    1/4 cup mini semi sweet chips
    2 tbsp espresso

    Procedure


    1. Preheat to 375F
    2. With hand mixer  cream the butter shortening, sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy
    3.  sift together the cake flour, salt, espresso and baking powder and set aside. 
    4. Add the eggs 1 at a time to the creamed mixture, then vanilla, then espresso
    5.  Increase the speed until thoroughly incorporated.
    6. With the mixer set to low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the shortening and combine well. Stir in the chips  
    7. Chill the dough (me, I waited 30 minutes whipped up muffins lol)
    8.  Scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets with a #20 disher, 6 per sheet.
    9.  Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown and puffy, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning. 
    10. Cool and store in an airtight-container or wrap them and put into small sandwich bags to give to the lucky.
    I've made about 2 dozen nice sized (diametre 3-3.5") and I still have some dough left, all wrapped up in wax paper, saran wrap, in the freezer. Probably about 6-8 cookies worth. Freezing most cookie dough is my favourite, you can make a good size batch, slice and bake, and always be prepared for freshly baked cookies in about 15 minutes when folk stop by. But be sure to have the flour dusted apron on, you know coz you were toiling away in the kitchen making those cookies... not running around to straighten up. ^_~





    1 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience