• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Second Americorps year is over!!!


    Corps at GRID!
    Well my second AmeriCorps year is officially over!!!


    GRID has a bunch of different types of Corps from Americorps VISTAs to their own SolarCorps. As a member of Climate Corps Bay Area assigned to the position of Volunteer and Training Associate at GRID Alternatives Bay Area office I have learned so much and had fantastic experience.

    In the past 10 months:

    • Completed 1800+ of my 1700 hour requirement
    • Managed over 3000 volunteers in the Bay Area of which...
    •  I've trained 613 Volunteers on GRID, PV and Construction Basics
    • Assigned volunteer crews and team leaders to complete 87 residential PV installs for low income home owners
    • Developed relationships and increased our local job training attendance by 40% 
    • Participated in 9 installations along side the awesome GRID construction crew and volunteers
    • Snagged a Eat24 coupon just for the volunteers
    • Planned 2 awesome Team Leader BBQs
    • and invented an award that is just as fantastic as the 2 Team Leaders that earned them: the golden conduit bender!
    • ...so much more!
    Golden Conduit Bender Award
    GRID has offered me work as temp employee for the next month to train the next latest and great Volunteer Coordinator and wrap things up (and be employed while I continue to search for a full time job!) of which I'm super psyched about my last month and finishing up everything I started.

    Two years of Americorps have been an amazing experience. I've learned so much about my new home of the SF Bay area and myself. Two (3 including the middle year of unemployment) years of poverty is enough though, I'll see you in Senior Corps!



    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience