• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Apple Dumplings Classic Version


    It had been a long time since I had apple dumplings. There a southern child hood treat of mine.  I had a relative once who made them at every family gathering in Charlotte. That was in the  90's and the Hungry Jack brand had a version of Cinnamon Biscuits that made this recipe ridiculous easily. Honestly all you need was to season the apples and use the reserve liquid on top of the dumplings.  That was the version I'm used to so I embed my biscuits with cinamon and it makes a difference.  I call this the classic version since I have another version that I use crescent roll dough with.  You can also find this recipe on my account at Recipefy


    Picture courtesy of Pilsbury website


    Prep. Time ĺ 20 min
    Cook Time ĺ 35 min
    Level ĺ Easy


    Ingredients for 8 dumplings
    1(16.3-oz.) can PillsburyŠ Grands!Š Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
    8teaspoons butter or margarine
    4small to medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and halved
    3/4cup brown sugar
    3/4cup water
    1/2cup butter or margarine, melted
    1teaspoon vanilla
    2 tablespoon ground cinnamon (separated)
    3 tsp ground ginger (separated)
    juice of 2 lemons


    1. Heat oven to 350°F.
    Lightly grease 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
    Juice of 1 lemon over apple halves
    Sprinkle apple halves with 1 tsp of ginger and 1 tbsp of cinnamon
    Stir to coat evenly
    2. Split Biscuit in half (so you have 2 circular pieces
    Lightly powder each biscuit with a bit of cinamon
    Flatten biscuits with rolling pin. (or with your hands as one stretches pizza crust.
    Place 1/4 teaspoon butter in the core area of each apple half.  Wrap each biscuit around 1 apple half. Place seam side down in greased baking dish.
    Combine sugar, water,remaining ginger cinnamon, ginger melted butter and vanilla; pour over dumplings.
    Bake uncovered at 350ƒF. for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and apples are t

    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience