• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Lately on Colour Lovers


    Okay so I have had a lot of off time lately. Working on personal projects, job searching.  Trying to lose some weight I gained when my SO visited me.  I've been pretty focused on the goal but my random creatively brain wonders when I'm not occupied with work.

    failed_patternPattern_testingThe weekend finally arrived and I started going back to Colour Lovers, the site for those who love colours. I've been trying to get the hang of the "Seamless" Pattern maker.  It doesn't always work for me, but I've come up with a few templates that I love. You can see that I'm trying to keep it pretty simple right now.  I'll save my baroque damask for a later date.  I also find that doodling helps me plan my thoughts.  Unlike making a palette or colouring a palette, random inspiration doesn't seem to strike me.   The pattern maker has a few bugs but I love it still. One of these days one of these patterns may end up a bag or a neck tie designed by my nearly famous friend Aja, the fashion designer.




    See_you_new_years
    Cape_Hatteras

    Testing_1_2_3birds_n_da_bees_bit


    And_the_dish...










    ranawaywiththespoon








    "And the dish..." and "ranawaywiththespoon",  is based off of one of my favourite episodes of Frasier.  When Niles and Daphne finally admit their feelings. 

    I've another project I've started via colour lovers, a rather autobiographical one.  Talk about that later.

    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience