• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Keeping busy


    I'm sitting here with a sore throat,  that's been plaguing me off and on for the past 2 weeks.  It's so ridiculous,  apparently I have chronic laryngitis.  I think it's from all the talking I've been doing lately.  It's amazing, sometimes I think working full-time might be less stressful than being a part-time worker seeking work. 
    I love my job and I stay busy.  I teach the intermediate class at OTX West, work on the "Get Connected Oakland" website, create instructional videos.  I'm also the web manager for "Yes on Prop L" website, I didn't design it, it's a Google Site Template, I just update the site.

    Tutoring one middle schooler in science,  getting ready to start a large weebly project and getting ready to post 2 bracelets and earrings on my Etsy page.

    Just trying to make rent, pretty much.  Nah it's not that bad but I have to keep hustling until I find a full time job.  So in addition to my work, I spend at least 1 hour a day job-searching, working on applications, etc.  Meanwhile keeping up with my Japanese skills and working on building shelving for my apartment.  Somehow I still manage to have a little fun, like this past weekend when my older sister and her friend came to San Fran for the Nike Women's marathon. 

    Come on' Tesla?  Don't you need an engineer like me?

    1 comments:

    Jane Kaylor said...

    hope you are getting better… sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

    usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

    i hope it works on you as well.

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience