• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    I haven't quite figured the particulars of this one.


    When I started my 43 things account years ago, I wanted to open a bakery. Since then I’ve had the opportunity to work as an assistant to a pasty chef. I’m still not sure if I want to open a bakery or a restaurant one of these days. I’ve even thought about a deli/bakery. I’ve got this one really crazy idea, but it’s still to random to even mention on the blog. I do know that this is one of those long term goals. My family and friends tell me I have great cooking skills but I know that I still need a lot of work and practise until I’m ready to open up my own eatery.

    People have jokingly suggested that I go to culinary school.
    But as I always say to them, I believe it's more logical to begin my career as an engineer. Perhaps this bakery thing will be a retirement thing (God willing). I need to do this engineering thing while my brain is still sharp. I always can be an amateur baker/cook, but a hobbyist engineer...? Not so practical.

    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience