• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Portion control and moderation


    Eat less! It’s seems pretty easy rite? Of course not. I had gastric bypass surgery nearly 7 years ago and my stomach was starting to stretch back when I first moved to Macon. I’ve got back to my typical 75% of what the average person eats and that’s rational. However recently I read a book “Portion Teller” and I realise the average person eats a whole lot. And since it’s been some time since I’ve been in a nutrition class I had forgotten what exactly a serving size is. I’ve been adjusting my eating accordingly. I haven’t seen much yet on my waistline but I do have more energy and my legs are getting smaller and my back is feeling more toned. I’ve been trying to walk 3x a week at least 30 minutes (usually about 45 min) and that’s been going well. After I finish up this course work in the next two weeks I want to be physically ready to walk 5x a week. I need to start drinking more water as well, to keep my self hydrated when I’m not at work. I drink a lot of water at work but when I’m off, not so much.


    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience