• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    Golf and pastries



    When I'm not dreaming of being a big smart engineer, I dream of being a chef. I love to cook, always have. Bought my first cookbook when I was 6. My dad (aka 46) taught me how to cook, my mom's not a big cooking person. But my 46? He loves to cook, bake and whatnot, he might be the reason I'm chubby today, but then again I didn't have to eat 3 servings of everything growing up.



    Since my start date with Georgia Power is up in the air, I've been looking for some part time work. Full time for now and then part time, until I get settled into myself. I finally got a job at a country club near my house, Healy Point Country Club. Yet somehow I always think of Major Healy from "I dream of Jeannie". I'm going to be working in the kitchen and it seems like it's going to be a real challenge. They make all sorts of different foods from grilled foods and snacks to fancy plated dinners and steakhouse dinners. Frank, the head of the kitchen is hoping I have the knack for pastry making, so I can focus on helping him on the days the other pastry chef cannot work, including Sunday. I know my asian pastries, but western pastries are a different matter. Aside from pies and tarts I think that's it. Of course if you include things like cakes and muffins, and breads, sure I'm good. Pastries though, I always wanted to better those skills.

    My boyfriend is very shocked I got the job, Macon can seem to be very black and white, especially if you're black. He's lived in nearby Warner Robins since middle school and it really does explain a whole about his perceptions. I told him the nite before the interview that I thought I was good person for the job and if they don't care about their organisation enough to look past a silly thing like race, then it's their waste. So I went in there yesterday, confident and ready for anything. I was myself, friendly, inquisitive yet knowledgeable, and determined. They offered me the job on the spot and I start tomorrow. -woot-

    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience