• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    But how are YOU doing?


    I realised it's been awhile since I wrote anything about my everyday work, "saving the world" as my mother calls it.  Things at CESC have been busy, I recently started keeping track of ALL the refrigeration projects. It's pretty straight forward work: ASH(Anti-sweat heater controls), ECMs(electrocommutative motors), Strip curtains...things like that. They come more frequently and are sold easier than lighting projects so I definitely have to stay on top of it. Thank goodness for Trello.

    Can you believe I'm nearing 1 year at CESC? I've learned so much and I feel super lucky to have a full time job in the field I love. The office environment is good too. I've really been able to find my stride in HVACR while still trying to learn what I can about lighting. Lighting over anything is just something I've learned takes time to really get a knack for.

    Lately I've been doing allot in the Whole Building approach to energy efficiency which means: Back to the rooftops!  Been doing more modelling of energy and calculations.  Pretty much in an office full of lighting experts, I'm the mechanical nerd. Or as I like to say "Lone Engineer in the office holding it down"

    Between CESC, ESC, and Engineered Cupcake life has been quite busy indeed. 


    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience