• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    So Jasmine is hired


    It hasn't sunk in yet. Let's have a real serious post.

    For the past 3 years I have been searching for a job. Sure I've had little respids during Americorps gigs, etc but essentially for the past 36+ months I've been searching for a job. For the past 3 years I have been ridiculously poor, sometimes making less than 500 a month while living in one of the most expensive places in the country.  Always knowing that eventually that I'll have to put the resume out there again.  Needless to say it's not quite easy to say "Yep, I'm done with the search."

    It's sort of become an ingrained behavior to constantly network and search.  An in-grained behavior to be super-frugal. I mean I haven't bought a loaf a bread in so long (bake my own) or a piece of fish,  I can't remember the last time I did. So I'm transitioning to a purely networking mindset.  Nevermind the fact I had gone as far as buying a one-way ticket home and started packing my stuff. I started telling my NorCal pals I was leaving and my Dixie family and friends I was returning.  I even started applying for a food license to sell some baked goodness at farmer's markets in South Carolina till I found a full time gig.

    And then I was offered a position at Community Energy Services.  it still hasn't sunk in. The first 3 days have been going fairly awesome, I can't wait to really get into my work. That's the other thing, don't get me wrong everywhere I've worked has provided excellent training and been super helpful when I had questions, but I'm used to having x amount of months to really make my mark in life. You should have seen my face when the HR person told me about "after my first year"

    I need a California driver's license. My Georgia license expires this birthday, yep staying in California. It's bittersweet, so happy to have a full-time position, happy to stay in the Bay, and yet I had finally accepted the fact that I was moving back home.  That for the first time in my life I'd actually be living in North Carolina instead of just constantly visiting family there.

    So what about Hire Jasmine? Well I'm working on my personal site and it will soon be forwarding to there so stay tuned for all the exciting details.

    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience