• For those with wings fly to your dreams

    August is nearly gone


    It's been awhile, I know.   I have been busier than I would have ever dreamed.  After months of ridiculous underemployment at times just plain "unemployment", I am starting to have a semblence of a work life.  Albeit part-time work here and there but I'm so thankful.

    Just to give you a list of current work (y'know I love me lists)

    • Working a night or so at Laney College in the Enviromental Controls Department
    • Working on 2 websites, one of which I designed
    • Tutoring my 2 high school students in Trigonometry and Algebra
    • of course my other 7 clients in computer tutoring
    • teaching a few classes here and there
    • and getting ready for another Americorps assignment (should begin September)
    As always, "looking for a full-time job", that stays my job until it is my job.  I also take some workshops when I can and I still do volunteer work.  I'm just trying to use my underemployed time as productively as possible.  So that when I do sit down in that interview chair I can say I was gaining skills and making moves during this oh-so abysmal recession.


    0 comments:

     

    About me

    I'm a 20-something Southern girl living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been working in the wild and wacky world of non-profit green construction in one way or the other for over 3 years. I'm also the owner of Oakland's own Engineered Cupcake.

    Experience